Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Child of God

This morning I checked my Facebook. Not too far down on my newsfeed was a photo of a man with many tattoos and piercings with the caption "describe him in one word". A friend of mine had commented on it, and, although I don't typically, for some reason I searched for her comment. It wasn't long before I found it. Unfortunately I can't find it now, so I will have to paraphrase what I remember.

"I am sure at least half of you are anti-bullying. Everyone's calling this man ugly, stupid, unemployable, etc. I have even seen some religious based comments. Are you all forgetting that he is a child of God, and that God loves him no matter what?"

I know that's not exactly why it was, but it's the basic gist of the comment she made. I just looked back at this post, and saw that there are now 449 000 comments. Most of them are judgemental, and negative. My friend's comment is one of maybe 1% that ask others to think about what they are doing, and not blindly judge.

This weekend as we celebrate Easter I hope that we can all remember that Christ suffered and died for each one of us. Remember that we are all children of God. He loves us all! I cannot even fathom how He does it, but I know it to be true. He cares about each of us individually, despite our shortcomings and weaknesses. Not only does He love, and care, but He is there...willing to help us every step of the way...we just need to accept Him into our lives.

If you get a chance I would encourage you to watch this video. It is by Brad Wilcox, and is entitled "His Grace is Sufficient". It is a wonderful talk about how we can use the Atonement most effectively in our lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXr9it_pbY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope you have a mighty fine Easter :)

Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment