Sunday, March 17, 2013

Do what you Love!

I have always tried to live my life by the principle often quoted by Confucius "Find a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life". There are a few jobs I've had that I haven't stuck with very long simply because I have not enjoyed them. If I wake up in the morning dreading going to work, it's not going to be something I'll keep doing.

When I chose photography as a career this was the quote I was thinking about. I'm not in it for the money. I am fully aware that I will most likely never be wealthy as a photographer. I am ok with that. The reason I chose it w because I love it, and it suits my needs. I wanted to have a career that I could do from my home while at the same time being fully active in my role as a mother. I wanted something I could be creative with, and truly enjoy, and never have to worry about who was going to greet my children when they got home from school, or who would make their meals, and kiss their 'owies' better. Photography will do all of that for me! It is amazing.

So as I watched this video by Alan Watts it resonated with me. I fully believe what he said. There is no point living a life that you don't enjoy in order to make money to continue living your life that you don't enjoy. When you can wake up in the morning and be excited for what the day ahead has in store for you...that's life! That is how to live a full and happy life. I challenge you to watch this video, and let it change your life, no matter how scary or intimidating that change may seem at this time...

 

A life loving

Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment