Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How does it feel?

I am a pretty tough person to surprise. Growing up I loved Agatha Christie novels, as well as Nancy Drew, and the Boxcar Children, and really any book or series with some kind of detective. As a result though I caught the detective bug, and have usually been pretty good at figuring things out.

Having said that though I love watching movies where something gets planned, and whatever it is, the girl has no idea...it's a total surprise. I have always wanted that for myself...but thus far nobody has been able to pull off any party/date/event of any kind as a total surprise. (to be fair to those who have tried I should mention that I have often sabotaged these attempts myself by being extra curious!) I was talking to a friend the other day, and we were discussing surprise proposals. I have always felt like I wanted to be truly surprised when that day comes for me, but during that discussion I realized that since I've never been surprised before whoever that man is is going to have to work extra-specially hard to pull it off...and I kind of started to lose hope in that happening.

Fast forward to today. Tonight I am going on a double date, and besides the fact that we are going out for dinner I know no details of it whatsoever...and even that is just speculation since we are meeting at a restaurant. It is now less than 5 hours to the date, and so far it is a complete surprise! Not gonna lie...I'm kind of excited. A huge part of me is hoping that these 2 fantastic guys manage to pull this off! It would make me so happy!

So...if either of you happen to read this in the next couple of hours...realize how important this is to me. And, although I will try really really hard not to get any info out of you, if my detective brain takes over please don't give in!

Here's hoping that after 25 years I will finally know what it feels like to be surprised...

Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment