Friday, January 18, 2013

Untitled

I heard a crash and then a cheer

On an icy Winter day

I went out to investigate

And the waves drew me in near

 

As I walked along the snowy path

The scene became more clear

The wind threw my hair across my face

The trees began to sneer

 

I saw the life I thought I'd have

By now if plans were mine

But then I saw another one

Not so governed by time

 

The waves rolled in again so fast

And crashed against the ice

It cut a piece off, threw it up

As though a game of dice

 

The honking geese flew on above

A southbound path to follow

My heart was filled with abundant love

For God who this dream did allow

 

The knives soaring on the icy wind

Drew me from my reverie

As I gazed out across the lake

A peaceful calm overcame me

 

I still do not know where I'll be

In ten years, or even three

But for now I'm grateful for where I am

And the waves that spoke to me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment