Thursday, February 28, 2013

Party Days...

When I turned 25 everyone asked me what big plans I had for this year...what I planned to accomplish, and what I was planning to change about my life. I finally have an answer...this year is turning into my 'Party year'.

Now I need you to understand that I say this with some trepidation. I am still the one who is most often tired by 9, giddy by 10, and sleeping standing up long before 11. In the last few weeks though I have learned that if I push myself past that point I can stay up long past the wee hours of the morning. In the last week alone I have gone to bed mid-morning twice, early morning twice, and long past when I should have twice...I did need one night of a break in between haha. I have experienced the closest thing to a hangover I think I'll ever get without drinking, and 3 mornings where I walked out of my bedroom and couldn't really remember details of the night before until I looked around at the kitchen and living room. This morning though was the deciding moment as I took a late-morning walk to pick up my van from where it spent the night at my friend's house. As I was thinking about everything I have done this last week I was actually kind of amazed! The other part of me though is very much looking forward to some sleep filled days coming up...

When it comes down to it I am still grateful that most of the time I remember those lectures in Psychology on the importance of a good night's sleep. I'm pretty sure my memory would be a lot better if I listened to them! It is nice to know though that I'm not too old to let loose and have fun sometimes still :)

A very sleep deprived,

Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment