Sunday, October 31, 2010

Utah Trip: Day 4

Happy Birthday to me! And what an awesome birthday it's been so far...

Went to Stake Conference with Maddie and her family, and my gosh there were tons of people. I'm pretty sure at least 2 and maybe even 3 Vernon Stakes could have fit into the Regional Centre...and there weren't many empty seats. Maddie was just one of a few incredible speakers there...but she's the only one who made me cry (and I was doing so well...until she got a little choked up haha). Met her Grandparents (and her Grandpa Ray came up and introduced himself to me by saying "Hi, it's nice to meet you...I just met your husband Adam, he seems like a great guy!" with Adam standing a little awkwardly between us...haha. I had to try so hard not to laugh as I explained that we're just friends... Not sure if he heard me or if he was just doing the smile and nod at that point :) ), and her Aunt and Uncle and Cousins.

Came back to the Brian residence and ate some lunch...and then did lots of laughing over some YSA Christmas bloopers. Hung out and had some great times eating Fun Dip (yay!), playing Mario Kart on Nintendo 64 and just visiting.

After this Adam and I went out to Ryan's house for dinner and to meet his family...(Gretchen came too which was cool). They were super nice and there was some great Apple Crisp! We sat and just visited and joked afterwards. Gretchen gave me a really nice scarf for my birthday (which was my first gift of the year!), and Ryan surprised me tons and he got me a nice gift set. They're both so sweet!

Just got back to the Brian's again and I'm smelling something yummy...just waiting for Maddie and Ann to get home. It's really hit me today how much I'm going to miss everyone down here... It's quite bittersweet visiting people, because it's awesome to see them for the first time in a long time, but sometimes it feels like it's tougher to leave after visiting than it would have just not to see them at all. Oh well, opposition in all things I guess hey? It'll give me a good reason to come back again...

Until tomorrow... (or Tuesday possibly...I don't yet know what our plans are for tomorrow or if I'll have computer access at all.)

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment