Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thoughts...

Have you ever had one of those moments where something, profound or not, is said...and all ofa sudden you can't shut off your brain? It's like there's this spider on steroids that all of a sudden gets released inside your thoughts and he begins to spin this incredible web of thoughts that gets so tangled up in itself that you just can't stop thinking about that one thing?
That's been the way my last 3 days have been. I spent my days in an FASD conference, learning soooooo much. (I can't wait to share some of what I learned...keep reading for more details over the next little while!) I spent my nights with my little sister and her husband, my mom, my other "little sister" and my one of my other "mom"s, and just making new memories with many different people. Then today I spent some good times with great friends that I haven't seen in way too long. And now I'm home, and exhausted, and feeling so pumped with energy and excitement from the last 1/2 week that I can't unwind to sleep. It's like there have just been constant thought provoking moments in my life for the last 3 days, and my brain doesn't remember how to stop them from coming...which in many ways is great...but in other ways I just really need to unwind and sleep to prep for a long (and probably sleepless) '6 day weekend' trip coming up this week!
Anyone have any thoughts on how to stop the thoughts from continuing?...

No comments:

Post a Comment