Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life.

"Anyone who is imagines that bliss is normal is going to spend a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.

Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed.

The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride!"

- President Gordon B Hinckley

I love my life! No, it's not perfect. But it is wonderful! I have had the incredible opportunity over the last few weeks to truly just enjoy every moment. It's not an easy thing to do, and there are times I've let old habits and thoughts get the better of me, but each day I am just working hard at doing a little better.

I am so grateful for the opportunities for growth and learning I have been given! I have spent more time at the Temple in the last two weeks than I have total in the previous few months, and it's been amazing. I have learned lots, and had so many special moments. I can't even begin to express how much I love the Temple, and how grateful I am to have had so many opportunities to attend recently.

I love my family and friends! I am so grateful to have so many incredibly wonderful influences for good in my life. I can't adequately express my gratitude to them for being who they are, and to my Heavenly Father for letting them come into my life :)

I love my Saviour! I know He is there, and I know that He knows me personally! I know he hears my prayers, and answers me in the best ways possible for me. I am so grateful for all He has done for me in my life. I love the feelings of comfort and peace that He allows me to feel as I need them and ask for them. I love that I know that He cares for me!

...never forget that He cares for you too!

Lots of Love

Z

 

No comments:

Post a Comment