Sunday, September 25, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

...Did you know that the rough translation of  Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (according to Wikipedia) is "Atoning for educability through delicate beauty" (or as my lovely new friend put so beautifully "I'm dumb, but it's ok because I'm pretty")?  I didn't until just now...but I guess you learn something new every day!  ...now on to what this post is really about haha...

3 years ago next month I was offered a job as a fireplace installer/chimney sweep for the busy season...and I took it.  It was everything that I was expecting...lots of hard work, nothing glamourous...but the best part about it was that I could sing Chim-Chiminee Chim-Chiminee Chim-Chim-Cheree.  It pretty much made it the most fun job ever... (Not even close, but at least it made it bearable lol).

At that time I made it my life's goal to at one point in time or another have every major job from Mary Poppins...I figured after successfully completing the chimney sweep part it should be easy hahaha.  I have been a cook, and a housekeeper already.  Although I have never considered myself a street artist, I do often work around town in the public taking pictures.  It's not actually a job in the film, but at one time in my life I did consider myself a bit of a feminist, and I do enjoy excersizing my right to vote...so as far as I'm concerned that one's done.  I also do love to laugh loud and long and clear (once again...not an actual job but something totally worth wanting to do).  So the way I see it my remaining list goes something like this...
        ~ Kite Seller
        ~ One Man Band
        ~ Banker
        ~ Bird Woman
  Totally doable I think...with a little imagination!

You may or may not have noticed that quite arguably the most important job from the movie is missing...that of a Nanny.  Well, call me Mary Poppins, because as of last night I am officially starting my position as a Nanny this week!  I spent 3 days unemployed last week...and of those 3 I actually worked 2 hahaha...but it feels so wonderful to once again be able to say that I have a job.  And it's going to be so fun!  I'm very much looking forward to it...

Last week I made the move to the Bigger City.  It's been an adventure.  I'm homeless...which to most people probably sounds more like a nightmare than an adventure...but I'm loving the opportunity that it's given me to get to know 2 extremely wonderful girls much better.  I now have a working vehicle that will work for a long time (and I'm not just saying that this time!).  I've travelled to the City, to P-City, and to the Next Town...one a day for the last 3 days, and I'm loving the centrality of living here.  Last night I left the Next Town after midnight, got stuck behind an accident, and still managed to be home just before 1...where if I was still living in the Little Town I wouldn't have gotten home until after 2:30.  I'm very much looking forward to the new things that this adventure has in store for me...and in the meantime I'll just keep remembering the life lessons from Mary Poppins...

Just a Spoonful of Sugar helps the medicine go down!
  Z (...I wonder how long until I'll be "Practically Perfect in Every Way"?)

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with the move! I love getting these updates into your life, Z. :)

    ReplyDelete