Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I know I left a little mystery in my last post...but I'm here to clear all of that up now!

On August 9th I received my fall schedule...and realized that it wasn't going to give me the hours that I'd need to not only survive, but thrive and reach my goals. After a week of much careful consideration, and weighing of options I informed my supervisor that I would continue to work for them in the mornings, but that I was unable to do the shift they had scheduled me for in the afternoons as I would need to find a different job. This was a very difficult and emotional decision for me, but it helped me to come to the conclusion that change is sometimes good, and welcome. I had been feeling stuck for a while, and this provided me with the motivation to pursue a different path...little did I know at the time how quickly that path was going to change!

2 days after I "Half-Quit" I came home after a 13 hour work day between my 2 jobs to my parents inviting me to sit down because we needed to talk. The town informed my dad that day that they were closing the museum at the end of the month, and terminating his position as museum director/curator. This is going to result in many changes in my family over the coming months.

With all of these changes I realized that the best thing for me to do would be to move up my plans to move to the Bigger City by about 8 months, and go now. I began looking for jobs, and a place to live. I had a really positive interview last week, and so today I handed in my 2 weeks notice, and I will be moving on the 20th of September.

So many changes so quickly, and it took a while for me to process it all, but it is all very exciting (and super duper scary at the same time lol).

Until next time...
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment