Saturday, February 19, 2011

A well needed break...

What an incredible weekend I had! I could really feel myself getting worn down last week, so I knew I needed a break, but I had so much planned for the weekend (all good things, but packed plans nonetheless) that I wasn't sure when it was going to happen. So I made a choice - I'd leave my computer at home. You see, I have this terrible habit of taking my computer everywhere with me so that any spare moment I have no matter where I am I can spend time editing pictures...but as a result it doesn't matter where I am it never feels like I allow myself that break. So this weekend I made the conscious choice to leave my computer at home, and leave my cell in the car and only check it periodically...and it was AMAZING!!!
My weekend began yesterday afternoon with a walk downtown K-town with my main little man :) We saw some ducks, played peekaboo, ran around, and had a blast together. I then got to visit with his mommy (and eventually daddy) for a little bit before running out for a date. (Yes, you heard that right, me on a date - Crazy I know ;) )
The date started out with Bowling (which apparently I am not completely terrible at anymore? Either that or someone slipped a horseshoe into my pocket lol), then we drove to Vernon. We met up with some other friends that were on a date, and played Quelf - Easily the stupidest, but most fun and entertaining game EVER! A few of the things included in this game were:
-A human dog being told to roll over, play dead, and beg
-Lots of Yoga/Excersize
-Feet granting permission to speak
-A human boomerang
-A plunger in hand
-Disco Dancing
-Darth Vader breathing
-Crazy place names
and as always TONS of laughs!
It was super fun to say the least. I really love being so comfortable around those 3 amazing people, and being able to have such a great time with all of them :) You all rock!
Today was spent at Tube Town. I ate hay, spun around, and watched skiing 'ants' for the majority of the afternoon...oh and ran into the bumper tube with the help of some other awesome people. The tubing was amazing, the sun was shining, the weather was perfect (not too cold), and life was amazing...but even above all of that was the fact that I was there with some incredible people! Some I knew well, some I met today, but each one was wonderful, and funny, and fun to be around...and that made my day super fun!
After the hill a bunch of us played the world's longest running game of Imaginiff, and had some great times with that too...who knew games could be such a wonderful tool to get to know people?!
I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend...and even though I'm dealing with a total lack of sleep I feel refreshed and ready to go. So back to the reality of life, but with some wonderful new memories and friendships to keep me smiling along the way...

<3 Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment